07 April 2013

#48 hutch

{the new hutch }


i've always wanted a hutch and a buffet 
as i've always seen in some british magazines

i got the buffet about 2 years ago from marshall's
i was so excited, the size was so perfect
-long and shallow-
it fits perfectly on that side of the wall




then i found this and fell in love with it (obsessed with it!!!)
but check out the price $$$

since i have the buffet already, 
now i have to find a hutch 
--- the size, the color and style that would match it

i've searched
craigslist, ebay, amazon, flea markets & thrift stores
but nothing i found interesting


i decided to make the hutch myself

so with my measuring gear handy
i spent some few time at home depot
chose my plank wood, moulding and beadboard
i had them all cut to size
and load them in the van.

i was so ambitious to do it myself
but considering the size 42 x 72 inches 
i had to ask my husband to help me put them together
(hugs and kisses, thanks!)

after i painted it with left-over paint from another project,
i thought i had to distress it to match the buffet
but
i was so glad i did not have to,
they were perfect together
like they were bought together 

one of my best projects ever!

 i can't stop loving it while 
having my tea at the table


this was the buffet from last holiday


the buffet and the hutch now


[some things to share from this project]

› do some research

› it's ok that the top moulding doesn't go around
-mitered corner is complicated-

› imperfection adds to its rustic look 

 › let the home improvement store cut them for you
-makes it easier to load in the car-

› the moulding and the beadboard make the difference 

it's ok to ask for help 

› it can be done for less than $100

› it can be really fun


♥♡♥

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! You are 100% my idol - very creative, determined and passionate with your chosen craft. You go beyond your limits! Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mrs. Keeping me busy but loving it a lot. More to come ...

      Delete
  2. i cant get over it Mel!! Beautiful ! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi cherry. Me too ( hehe, love my own). I will miss this post since I will be changing it soon and will go to archive. How's your project going? Hope to see them on your blog.

      Delete

thank you for the comments. please join me again.